Oaks Card Club
2. Personal Information
“Personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal information includes name, internet protocol (IP) address, email address, postal address, driver’s license number, social security number, and passport information. But, personal information does not necessarily include publically available information (i.e., information lawfully made available by federal, state, or local government records).
a. Personal Information That You Provide To Us. You provide us information when you:
i. provide us with your personal information for any reason
ii. join our mailing or email list
iii. register for or participate in one of our tournament events, surveys, contests, promotions or sweepstakes
iv. use casino services, including cash advance, ATM, players’ bank, check cashing, credit, or foot and beverage services where you provide personal information, including a credit or debit card, bank information or tax identification number
v. provide identification which we may scan, copy or record
vi. provide us information or we record information in order to comply with legal requirements respecting financial transactions
vii. enter the premises, parking area, or nearby areas and are recorded on video
viii. visit our website at https://www.oakscardclub.com/
ix. view digital ads
x. enable location services when using your phone
xi. apply for or obtain employment with us;
xii. use our Wi-Fi services
xiii. engage with us on social media
xiv. register under a problem gambling program
b. Information That We Collect From You Automatically.
We may collect information from you automatically when you use the Internet or your phone, your web browser, operating system, or client software, which may transmit certain information to the servers. The information may include the unique number assigned to your server or Internet connection, your geographic location, or your movement within a website, including what pages you look at and what information you download. When you visit our website, our servers and third parties — like Google — collect such general information.
3. Your Rights
You have the right to: (1) request to know what personal information we keep about you, (2) request that we share that information with you, and (3) opt-out or request deletions of personal information not legally required to be maintained, or which we are permitted to retain under applicable law. Section 9 of this policy describes below how to exercise these rights and the limitations under CCPA.
4. Use of Information
The Oaks Card Club may use the information that you provide to us or that we collected automatically: (1) to respond to your inquiries or requests for service; (2) for marketing purposes, including, but not limited to, providing you with email or notification of future Oaks Card Club events and products that may be of interest to you; (3) to process and fulfill registrations, awards or participation in games, gaming activities or promotions; (4) to organize and facilitate events, communications or offers; (5) to process and fulfill transactions; (6) to respond to complaints and other communications; (7) to comply with legal obligations and internal control policies; (8) in connection with a business transaction involving a sale, purchase, reorganization, or transfer to a third party of any of the assets of the Oaks Card Club or Oaks Card Club website; (9) for hiring and for management of employees; (10) for demographic purposes, and to investigate incidents.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we have collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
5. The Sharing of Information
We do not sell or rent your personal information with other persons or non-affiliated companies. We may only share your personal information with our third-party service providers to provide products or services that you have requested, such as third-party financial services, or under the following circumstances: (a) to respond to subpoenas, court order, legal process or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; (b) to investigate, prevent or take action regarding, or to keep records regarding prior, possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to any person’s personal safety, or other incidents involving reasonably suspected criminal activity or violations of law or our policies, (c) as otherwise required by law or regulation, or (d) to cooperate with law enforcement, insurance companies or regulators in an ongoing investigation.
Examples of third-parties that may receive personal information are: financial service companies that provide ATM or cash advance services, companies that provide merchant services for credit card transactions, companies and persons that assist us in fulfilling our “customer due diligence” and Title 31 obligations, and our independent auditors. We share demographic information with marketing agencies and digital companies but without customer names, phone numbers, email addresses or residential house numbers or street names, although some companies like Google may be able to match such data to an IP address.
6. Underage Persons
Persons under the age of 21 are not permitted in our establishment. If you are under the age of 21, we ask that you do not provide any Personal Information to us or follow us on social media.
7. Responsible Gaming
We encourage our customers to “Play Responsibly.” While most individuals gamble for entertainment purposes, some individuals may develop a gambling problem. Oaks Card Club offers a voluntary Self-Restriction program with materials available in our casino. Individuals who sign up for this program and identify means of contact (such as an email address) may not receive any direct marketing materials or information about products or services during their self-exclusion period.
We also participate in the state-wide self-exclusion program. More information can be found in our casino, by calling 1-800-Gambler, or at the Office of Problem Gambling website: http://problemgambling.ca.gov/ccpgwebsite/default.aspx
8. Data Security
Oaks Card Club has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-parties, including “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
9. Exercising Your Rights – California Residents
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This Section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights. In this Section 9, “you” refers to California residents who access our website and use our services.
a. Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see, Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion), we will disclose to you:
· The categories of personal information we collected about you.
· The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
· Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
· The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
· The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
· If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
· sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
· disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
b. Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
8. Comply with a legal obligation.
9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
You may request that Oaks Card Club not collect your personal information by opting-out. Opting-out will not prevent your Personal Information from being used for purposes specified in Section 4, including where legally required. Opting-out also may not protect you for future data collection if you continue to visit our website, casino, or continue to use our services.
d. Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
A customer can submit a (1) request to know what personal information we keep about you, (2) request that we share the information with your that we have gathered, and/or (3) request to opt-out of or for the deletion of personal information by:
(1) Calling this toll free 800 number: (800)966-0949
(2) By submitting the form (click here) in accordance with Sections 9(d) and 9(e), or
(3) Mailing the form or a Written Request sent First Class Mail to:
4097 San Pablo Ave, Emeryville, CA 94608
All requests must contain the following information:
(1) Your full and complete legal name, and any alias or other names or nicknames you use:
(2) Your contact information, including mailing address, email and phone. We need your email to speed up communications between us in processing your request, and because some records we maintain may be searchable by or contain only an email address.
(3) A description of the services you used and the personal information you provided us with the circumstances, approximate dates and times. For example, did you use cash advances or check cashing? If you used your credit card, what are the dates of use from your statement?
e. Verifying Customer Request
We also will need to verify your identity before releasing any personal information about you. For expediting your request, we recommend that you could come to the casino in person with legal identification, such as a valid and unexpired government-issued photo identification document (e.g., driver’s license or passport). We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
f. Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to confirm receipt of your request within 10 days of receiving the request. We endeavor to respond to your request within 45 days from the initial request to respond. We can add 45 days to our response time only if there is good cause to do so, such as the customer not supplying us with adequate information to use to verify identity and locate personal information. The information we will provide is through the date the request is received.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded.
10. Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at:
Oaks Card Club
4097 San Pablo Ave, Emeryville, CA 94608
Oaks Card Club
4097 San Pablo Ave, Emeryville, CA 94608
Or by email at
with “Privacy” in the subject field.
12. Revisions to This Policy
Oaks Card Club reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy at any time and in any manner. Any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted on our website.
last revision Jan. 9, 2020
Oaks Card Club